Powered By Blogger

Friday 25 February 2011

Simulation...

Well the theme seems to be simulation at the moment.

I am very busy at work and in my job i do lots of different things, software, hardware, networks, electrical design, testing....and on etc

Some of the systems we work on are varied and as such require a bit of time to learn and as such to test, so i have this bit of a project on the go at the moment to sort out some code for a system.

I do have the target hardware or some of it at least to hand to work on bit i just thought to myself with the API document in hand, i could write a .NET simulator that could help me with this easily. So i did....

I can't really go into the details of it but needless to say it replicates the functionality of the real system quite well and should help me to test the control software form the PLC without the need to have the real target equipment always attached.

I have lots of ideas for some good software tools but as usual 2 things stop me.....

1: Lack of time due to other things on.
2: Need to learn lots of new things in order to get it working.

Not so worried about number 2 its usually number 1 that gets me everytime...

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment